Precision High Voltage Resistors(RI82)
High Voltage Dip Type Resistors (RI82)Thumbnail Gallery
(RI82) An Excellent Solution for The High Voltage Trend in Power Impulse Precision Products.
The High Voltage RI82 Precision Series provides an excellent solution for design engineers looking for a compact product with high-voltage capabilities to enable them to design within the voltage trend for power impulse products.
The RI82 resistors use Token's proprietary thick film Metal Glaze resistive element and Serpentine Pattern Design which provides ideal cost efficient, stability, precision, non-Inductive, and high voltage characteristics for a wide range of measurement, voltage divider circuits, and control functions in high voltage power electronics applications.
By utilizing specific 96 % pure alumina materials with optimum processing, Token are able to control, very tightly in manufacturing, the important ultra-stable performance tolerance F(±1%), G(±2%), J(±5%), K(±10%), and M(±20%). Voltage handle up to 30 KV. This unique process is offered in specific resistance values in a wide variety of sizes and terminations. The extraordinary operating stability of the Type RI82 resistors will improve the performance of your high voltage system in precision.
The Precision RI82 High Voltage Series is RoHS compliant and lead free. For customed designs, tighter tolerances, non-standard technical requirements, or custom special applications, please contact our sales for more information.
- Rated Wattage from 0.1W to 30W
- Max Working Voltage from 2KV to 30KV.
- Designs built from customer supplied schematics
- Tough epoxy-based coating and high voltage stability
- Temperature Coefficient: 200 ppm/°C to 300 ppm/°C.
- Resistance Range from 10 Megohm to 100K Megohms (100 Gegaohms).
- Resistance Tolerance F(±1%), G(±2%), J(±5%), K(±10%), and M(±20%).
- Stable cermet resistive element bonded to a high-purity alumina substrate.
Mechanical Specifications :
- Resistive Element: Thick film
- Substrate: 96 % pure alumina
- Encapsulation: Epoxy base, conformal coating (c style only)
- Terminals: Silver palladium pole, tin plated copper leads
- X-ray/imaging equipment, Impulse voltage generators,
- Capacitor crowbar circuits, High voltage snubber circuits, Arc furnace damping,
- Pulse modulators, Radar Pulse-forming networks, Energy research, and EMI/lightning supression.
- Applications include power supplies, transformers and any application requiring operation within an environment where high voltages are used.
Chip Type General Specifications (Unit:mm) (RI82)
|L Max.||S Max.||H Max.||I||d Max.|
Remark: Rated continuous Working Voltage (RCWV) shall be determined from RCWV = √ Power Rating × Resistance Value (Ω)
When RCWV ≥ Max. Working Voltage listed above, RCWV = Max. Working Voltage.
Dip Type General Specification (Unit:mm) (RI82)
| Max. Working
|L ± 2||S ± 2||H Max.||I||d ± 0.1|
Remark: Rated Continus Working Voltage (RCWW) shall be determined from RCWW = √ Power Rating × Resistance Value (Ω)
or Max.Working Voltage listed above , whichever two.
Advance Technique of Non-Inductive & Serpentine Pattern (RI82)
- Token's RI82 Non-Inductive Design which uses a serpentine resistive pattern that offers for zigzagging lines to carry current in opposite directions,
thereby neutralizing maximum of flux fields over the entire length of the resistor.
- This efficient non-inductive construction retains performance advantages and heavy load characteristics which is ideal for high frequency applications.
Serpentine Pattern Screen Printing Design:
- Type RI82 High Voltage Impulse Resistors combine Token's Non-Inductive serpentine pattern, high thru-put screen printed silicone coating.
- The alignment of the gap in the serpentine resistor pattern with the gap in the coating pattern provides a complete encapsulation of the resistor element.
- The lead assemblies are pressed onto the resistor core, finishing the resistor and providing rugged terminal attachment.
Order Codes (RI82)
Useful Reference of Resistors in PDF download
What is a Resistor PDF download (562KB).