Thermal Cut-Offs Resistors(FKU/FRU)
Thermal Cut-Off Resistors (FKU/FRU)Thumbnail Gallery
Ultimate Protection Thermal Cutoffs for High Power Applications.
Fast-acting protection device for high-power applications combines thermal fuse element and resistor on a single substrate.
Token offers FKU (Wirewound Resistor + Thermal Cut-offs) and FRU (Metal Oxide Film Resistor + Thermal Cut-offs) two Series, both are a new concept in thermal fuse technology and are designed to protect against over-heating in electrical products.
The two active components, a thermal cutoff is a fusible alloy and a resistor is a voltage divider, both are surrounded by a ceramic cement with special resin. Under normal operating temperatures the fusible alloy joins the two lead wires within the body of the cutoff and the power resistor acts as a normal function resistor. When the preset temperature of the cutoff is reached, the fusible alloy melts and with the aid of the special resin, complete cutoff is ensured.
By combining a thermal fuse element and resistor on a single substrate, Token has created a fast-acting ultimate protection device for high power applications up to 10A/250V.
Resistance range of FKU Wirewound Type Thermal Cut-offs is 1Ω~100Ω and FRU Metal Oxide Film Type Thermal Cut-offs is 110Ω~10KΩ. Both standard precision tolerance is J(±5%).
Our custom solutions are designed to address your need for technical and economic success in a timely manner. Contact us with your specific needs.
- Miniature size
- Radial leaded form
- Accurate fusing temperature
- Various temperature settings
- Current Rating: Up to 10Amp
- Products with Pb-free Terminations and RoHS compliant
- Economical by combining both function of a thermal fuse and a pulse resistor
- Motors - fans, copiers, washing machines, air conditioners, compressors.
- Electronics - TVs, tape recorders, stereos, video recorders, fluorescent lamps, transformers, surge suppressors, computers, telecommunication equipment.
- Appliances - electric blankets, space heaters, stoves, irons, hair dryers, cookers, toaster ovens, clothes dryers, toasters, mixers, microwave ovens, crock pots.
General Specifications (FKU, FRU)
|Type||Dimension (Unit: mm)|
|W ± 1||D ± 1||H ± 1.5||RM+2/-1||h||D1(R terminal)||D2(F terminal)|
Electrical Performance (FKU, FRU)
|Fusing Temperature Protector||Rated Power at 25°C (W)||Resistance Range (Ω)||Tolerance (%)|
|Standard Current(A)||Standard Voltage(V)||5M||7M||10M||FKU||FRU||FKU||FRU|
Order Codes (FKU, FRU)
More Information of Resistors in PDF Download
What is a Resistor PDF download (562KB).