Power Wave-Shape Ribwound Resistor supports the use of numerous taps, has low impedance, and can be fabricated in various shapes to support a wide range of applications. The DQ Series is RoHS compliant and lead free. For custom specifications,
or order individual replacement units, entire grids with various mounting configurations, please contact us to discuss the details.
Downloads complete PDF version Wave Wirewound Tubular Power Resistor (DQ).
- A tubular ceramic has two terminals, and is wound with a resistance element consisting of a wave-shaped alloy ribbon.
- Terminal bands are spot welded after installation on the core and then a resistance-alloy ribbon wire is crimped and edgewound onto the core.
- Non-flammable resin insulation is applied after cooling and drying through a temperature process and then the component mounts are attached.
- The resistance value range is relatively low due to alloy material limitations; see the DR series if upper resistance values required.
- Fixed, tapped styles, or adjustable type are available.
- Special terminals are available for unusual applications.
- Special tolerances, temperature coefficients, and resistance value can be specified.
- Ayrton Perry type non-inductive winding formats are available. See DQS Series when requied.
- Standard resistance tolerance is H(±3%), J(±5%) and K(±10%). Closer tolerances are available upon request.
- The wire is spot welded to the terminal bands and then "fastened" onto the core with a silicone, cement, or vitreous enamel coating.
- Standard lug terminals available with or without terminal hardware. Single and double quick connect terminals can be specified.
- DQ Series Design allows for efficient heat dissipation at higher temperature ranges so the resistor is half the physical size of an equivalent rated roundwire resistor.
- The Power Ribwound DQ Series is suitable for educational modeling applications, load testing,
- industrial machinery resistor, electric power distribution resistors, instruments, automation control installations,
- lift trucks, overhead cranes, elevator resistors, arc and spot welders, battery charger resistors, machine tools, conveyor resistors, and UPS systems.